Monday, May 7, 2012

Find, Teach, Marry, Baptize and Confirm Families


Hola!
We went to Lima again this week.

I like getting on planes. I have really gotten used that nauseous feeling that I always get right at the beginning, but I am starting to like it.

 I sent you a picture of Elder Emett and I eating in McDonalds in the airport. It was the first time in a more than a month that I have eaten a hamburger.  So tasty! Of course not all of that trash on the table is from us.  We were with all of the Zone Leaders from Iquitos, Tarapoto , Yurimauas, and Moyobama.  Every month we all have the opportunity to get together to have a moment of laugher and stories in the airport.   I really enjoy this moment, because it is a two second break from the battle. After every Zone Leader Training I feel like President Blunck super charges my batteries! I just want to go out and baptize the whole world.  

I am super excited for these last 5 months… I want to give it my all so that I can baptize more Brothers and Sisters. We are hoping that at the end of this month we have another 10 baptisms. It is looking like it is very possible. We are teaching three really good families right now. The three families consist of families of 4. They need a lot more of the gospel right now.  They are a little new and they don’t understand all that well.  We are very excited because every family we are teaching knows the purpose that we have as missionaries that we are teaching them so that they can make and keep the covenant of baptism. We are hoping that we can get some of these families baptized this month but it will be a battle.  We have to get most of them married. The fight against the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom is the biggest battle here in Iquitos. The people are quick to understand the logic of the gospel and are quick to feel the prompting of the spirit. The problem that these people have is the addictions to the things of the world. As I have been teaching these families, I have been learning more about the importance of the family in God’s plan.  I can see how fiercely Satan wants to destroy the family. The focus of the mission right now is to find, teach, marry, baptize and confirm families. I think that I have been fighting in ignorance. This divine concept from President Blunck was presented to us at the beginning of this year. As I have changed my focus from baptizing anyone and everyone, to baptizing families, I have had more success than in any other time in my mission.

I am overly happy to be with my companion again.  We are going on 5 months together. This has been the most time that I have been with one single companion on my mission. Don’t get me wrong in the beginning, just like any beginning, it was very hard. We had clashing personalities. He wanted things his way, I want things my way, but we worked through our differences and now I am happier than ever. I think what this helped me to learn is that when I have my future wife I know that it is going to be hard in the beginning too, but there is no reason to just throw in the towel and give up.  We are given trials and problems from the Lord, he loves us, and he desires that we become better through the refiners fire. Just thinking about this make me think a lot about Aubrei.  I really hope that she is happy.  I hope that they aren’t having so many problems adapting to life together.  I hope the best for them.

Well the thing that I love the most right now is that I am going to have the chance to call you and talk to the family.  I am going to do my best to get Skype to work. I think that I have it all set up right.  I am going to use the computer that is in the church. I set up a Skype account and I think I sent you an invitation to be my friend. So you guys should look to be my friend.  I am going to call the house tomorrow morning just like I did last time… Early, so that I can get you, Mom, and you, Dad, at the same time.

LOVE YOU and I will talk to you tomorrow, Elder Harris






No comments:

Post a Comment