Monday, April 11, 2011

Well family I had a great week!
Well today I feel like being really honest with you. Conferences in the past have just been “dang it, I have to listen to another conference.” I don’t know this week there was quite the change. I went into conference very excited to hear what our apostles and prophets had to say and I was not disappointed.
The Main message of conference is that of the Family, how to unify, cultivate, and strengthen it. Even though the message at this time in my life is not directly applicable I found many insightful jewels of knowledge.
The message that I found most impacting was actually during the priesthood session of conference.  The Prophet spoke to all the priesthood very plainly and bluntly about our responsibilities in the home, and our role as the head of the house hold.  He also counseled all of the young men to stop putting off the day of marriage and commit to an eternal covenant. I realize that an eternal marriage is my next step and that as a worthy priesthood holder, I need to use the promise “seek and ye shall find” into a more physical sense. Don’t worry I am not looking now. 
I received a few personal revelations during the conference that I felt and still do feel are interesting. I don’t know what to make of them all, but that’s why we receive them… to later apply our faith and diligently look for answers. 
Another of the more impacting talks was given by Elder Jeffery R. Holland, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He spoke of the "phenomenon" that conference really and how amazing it is to study the words of the living prophets. I was thinking of how you can do that at and home, and I realized this is one of the blessing of technology. I testify that when we read the words of the living prophets we open the doors for personal revelation and usher in the blessings of exaltation.
I have done some serious pondering as to what my personal behavior and personality characteristics were like before I began my mission. I realize that an apology is in order. I have not always been the exceptional son, brother, or friend for that matter. I am deeply sad at how much time I have in reality lost. I desire to express my humble apology for the disobedience of my younger years. I apologize for the people that I have offended in our family. You are my deepest and most understanding friends. I honestly hope and pray for the very best of happiness in your lives. I have faith that God does answer my prayers.
This is not an obligation but more of advice humbly given …please watch conference. I know that it will feel your spiritual tanks and give you a greater understanding of our God´s great love for each of us individually. I know that what the Prophet speaks is true; the Holy Ghost has testified this to my heart. I love you and I know that God loves you.
                Elder Harris
Yes, this is me eating a giant worm called Suri (jungle fruit worm).  Yes, I did eat it... about half before I vomited it.

No comments:

Post a Comment