Saturday, February 18, 2012

Elder Harris likes eating rice!


Wow, I cannot believe that I have only 8 months left.
Today is a special day because every 13th I complete another month in the mission. Literally as of today I have 16 months in the mission. Wow, I am starting to feel a little old and cranky…. just kidding. Well I am happy that the family is doing better. Sorry mom about your cold and I am pretty sure you need to go into the doctor for your shoulder because I remember you having problems before I left. I think it is about time. I think it will be nice one day to have free health care for the entire family… it’s one of the reasons I want to be a doctor… so that I can have the family live in the same city and everyone can have free medicine.

Well a little bit about the mission right now. I am learning a valuable lesson… how to cook. In my zone we don’t have a single pensionista. Which I kind of like because it gives me a chance to cook what I want to cook and it helps me to learn how to make new things. I am pretty excited. I have made French toast, amulets, macaroni and cheese, and lots of other stuff…. We don’t have an oven all we have is an electric frying pan… like a skillet. I like using it because it is really easy. I can make pancakes and top roman, and warm up RICE, lol. Well it is official…. a giant day in the history of the World… Elder Harris likes eating rice! I know that we joked about it for years and years and years that I would go somewhere on my mission that the people only eat rice. To be honest, I thought that I had you guys when I got my call to South America, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. I have become very accustomed to eating rice in lots of different ways, plain, chifa, fried rice, with beans, with mashed potatoes, in soup, in chicken ( that was strange) with pig and chicken and cow, and in large sticky balls, and served like tiny pyramids. Rice mixed with onions and lemon juice, with hot sauce, mustard, ketchup, and with liver and heart, with fish, mixed with rancid creams and cocktails. Rice that is eaten with spaghetti noodles, and with lots of potato chunks and green boogers, and rice that we eat with small cut up pieces of cow intestines and raw carrots. Well just to be honest there are tons of different ways that we can eat rice, and I am starting to get really used to it, and well I got tired of eating it just about 15 months ago, hahahaha.

My room is really nice right now… the nicest room that I have had in my entire mission… sorry about the lack of pictures I just have been so busy this week getting so many different things done I haven’t taken a single new picture and I have been slacking on my journal. I need to make up about three 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My room is the best part of my life right now…. I really consider it a refuge from the world. It was recently made so it still has that new stuff smell and it was made by US designs, so it is pretty much super awesome.
I have a favor to ask, I don’t know if you can help me with this but it would be super cool if I could have the email address of Carson… he sent me a letter recently that I just got like 3 months after he sent it. In the letter he told me that he wrote another letter months earlier…. I never got it. I think that it would be a whole lot easier if I could just write to him via email.  I will ask the president if I can have permission to write him. I can’t see why not. He´s Family!

A spiritual Experience this week… we flew back to Lima this week for another zone conference. Crazy right in the night we leave and the next day in the night we come back. I am starting to get used to using planes. I like traveling…. I kind of have a side dream to come back to Iquitos a month or two after I get back. But returning to the spiritual experience I was talking to Elder Bonilla this week because he too is a zone leader now… any way so we was telling me a little bit about Noe right now… that he is falling away from the church a little bit…. The best part of it all is that his sister Janeth is trying to pull him back. I just love that because she was a lot harder to baptize and now she is the stronger of the two. Elder Bonilla was telling me that Noe wants to study to be a bar tender, and that he personally called Noe to talk him out of it. I laughed when he told me that he could hear Janeth´s voice in his head yelling at Noe that he need to change, when before her baptism he was yelling at her to change, funny how things work out.
Elder Harris
Sorry for the lack of pictures I really do feel bad………..

No comments:

Post a Comment