Monday, May 9, 2011

"I Love My Mom"

Hello!
So I ran out of time on the phone which sort of stinks. I cannot even remember what we were talking about now. I hope that you had a really great mother’s day Mom and that it wasn´t too stressful. I really like it when you send me pictures because I can really see the change in everyone so much more. I am already starting to feel like I won’t really know you strange people when I get back. I also wanted to talk to the girls but I ran out of time. I really wanted to talk to Haleigh a little… but I didn’t get the chance. This Christmas however I will try to be better. I will try to get better at writing with more details in my letters. I think that it is really funny that you are going to make a card board cut out of me for the wedding. I want the picture of me next to the one of Elder Michelson, which will be super silly. My plan for this week is to write down a list of all the super crazy things that I have eaten and how it tasted so that you can know. That will be fun. Dad, it would be nice to receive an update on everything if you get a chance. What I mean is movies, music, games, and anything cool or fun that is coming out soon. I was thinking that it would be fun to have John write me a letter in Spanish because I want to talk to him… yes, I think that is everything on my mind right now.
Mother’s day in Peru is just like mother’s day at home, same day and everything, just there is a lot more mothers at younger ages here. That is a little bit about what I would like to talk about today. I was really thinking about all of the sacrifices that a mother has to make. In this case I was actually thinking of my own mother… you Mom. Amazing how much time you have spent on me that I have never real expressed my sincere gratitude for. Not because I am not grateful, more or less but because I have never taken the time just to sit back and think about all that you have done for me Mom. In others words.. Let’s just remember a little. Remember all the projects that we worked on together, the big poster boards, the glue and many dragons. (Clay and paper) Remember all those baseball games when I was all tired and sad if we lost… but I knew that mom was there to pick me up and make me feel better. Remember all the summers of chores (or trying to get us to do chores) and going to the pool after summer music, so grateful I am for that. Or maybe you remember the time that we were driving home from Disney land in the snow and it was all crazy scary.  I remember because I knew it was bad when Mom thought it was bad. I remember the many times being asked if my chores were done and if I had finished my homework, and the many more times that I was then kicked off the TV screen when I didn’t have them done. Remember those times when we were all at the CMR football and basketball games when you came to watch me play… because our team really stunk? There were some other times when we watched the Great falls White Sock play baseball when they were the Dodgers. Or do you remember that time that I was practicing the Wizard of Oz and annoying everyone around me (except Mom)? Or do you remember those few camping trips that we had at Tolman’s ranch all dirty and nasty and grimy? I remember a few times when we went out to lunch just you and me, and how we talked about all kinds of good stuff. Do you remember those times when I was really young and we used to make the slip and slide in the front yard? I remember that first time I landed a back flip on the trampoline and that look on your face of love and pride mixed with a little worry. Do you remember that one time when I broke a glass on my hand and we rushed off to that clinic over by Albertsons?  Can you remember the times when I gave you a big hug, and told you that I love you. If I could I would give you a big hug right now… but I can´t. I can tell you that I LOVE YOU. I love you Mom and I miss you so much. Happy mother´s day!

The pictures for this week I was in the house of a member. She brought out a live boa… a wild one that would bite me and all that fun stuff, so I am sending you a few pictures of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment