Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Miss My Sisters!


Well, this week was a good week. We have been spending a lot of time with a family of less-actives and we came to find out that almost all of the kids that they have… haven’t been baptized. Next week we are going to have a baptism of four children. It has been really fun teaching them all because number one we have to teach really simple, and number two we have to teach really simple, and number three we have to really teach: I think you know what I mean. This has been a really rewarding opportunity because it has really helped me think about the basics of the gospel and has helped me to be more interesting as a teacher. Sometimes it’s really hard to hold the attention of the kids, but they are learning really well.  I know that they are all going to be ready for their baptisms this Saturday. I have been thinking a lot about Dad´s mission and how I really don’t know anything about it. I just know where he went and ….. Yah that’s it. I think that it would be really cool if you can send me something. I would really like to read about it.

We have been really focusing on the people that we are teaching right now and well it hasn’t been all that easy to help them understand the importance of the gospel. We spend of our time with our investigators teaching to what they need and this has really helped us understand the perfectness of the plan of salvation and the restoration of the gospel. I really like the way that sometimes I can enter a lesson and have no idea what I am going to say but leave the lesson feeling like the person has understood. One of the greatest privileges of being a missionary is the fact that we are so directed by the spirit.  I discover at times that I don’t know where the words are coming from just that it all makes sense. One of the experiences that have really marked my life was once when I was explaining the Atonement and the power that it holds for us in the final judgment. As I was explaining, I came to a conclusion that allowed the investigator to really understand why Jesus did what he did. I had no idea that I held the capacity to explain the Atonement the way I did… I realize that the spirit inspires us to say the un-say-able and do the un-do-able. The Lord uses his servants to harvest the vineyard; we need to humbly comply with his will, trusting in his wisdom and plan.

I have been thinking about Saydi and Haleigh and Aubrei. I realized that I have never been the perfect brother. I have never stood up for you like I should and I have spent more time making you all mad than happy. I humbly seek for you forgiveness. I really do love all of you. I am not just saying that. I would never change you for brothers… or for any other sisters. I understand that each one of us is a little different but without us kids in the family we aren’t the Harris that everyone knows. I want you Girls to continue family tradition of being great examples. The people that we meet in this life can change when they see the impossible in action.

The Easy: we already did it
The Hard: we get done like it´s easy
The Impossible: we might be a little late in finishing, but it gets done

I Love you all and I hope that you have happy birthday Saydi!

Con Amor, Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment