Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I love being here… I love talking to the people!


Well what´s it really like.
I wake up 6:30 and I throw off my blanket. I then head over to the alarm and turn it off. I pray by myself and then we pray together. I tend to jump up and down a little bit just so that I can shake off that feeling of tiredness. I usually then head right for the shower… I shower it up for about 15 minutes. After I am done showering I brush my teeth and shave… then I get changed into the battle suit. When I am all ready usually its about 7 o clock. I then write in my journal, and do the missionary paperwork that I need to get done.  At about 7:25 we leave the house and head half a block over to my pensions house. We pray again for the meal. We eat the same meal just about every deal. One scrabbled egg and two pieces of bread, and a glass of Eco which basically tastes just like coffee but it’s not. We then, just before 7:55, head back to the house so that we can start our Personal Study. At 8 we begin to study just by ourselves. We begin our study with a prayer and end with a prayer. Then at 9 we begin to study together starting with another prayer… we talk about our investigators and search for new ways to teach them and we look for scriptures that we can apply in our lessons. We then end with a prayer. At 10 we begin to language study starting with a prayer… I usually read out loud from the book of Mormon for an hour or read from the pamphlets that we have from the book ¨Our Heritage¨. Then we end our studies with another prayer. We then prepare to leave and pray about 10:55 for success throughout the day. We are out of the house before 11. If it is a normal day we begin with the appointments that we have in the morning at 11 and 12… if they aren’t there we go contacting so that we can find some new people to teach. At 1 we go to the house of a member that will be feeding us for the day. We pray and bless the food and the family. Then before we leave again we pray and bless the family again. We then from 2 to 5 visit people, and contacts and ask for references and all that good stuff. At 5 we go back to the pensionista so that we can eat. We begin with a prayer for the food and we eat and rest for the hour. Then we head back out into the field and harvest until 9:00-9:30. It all depends on that last appointment. We then head back to the room before 9:30 because, it is a rule. We then pray to start planning for the next day. We plan and think about all of the people that we can visit the next day. We write down what we want to teach them and we also write down what we want to accomplish with the lesson that we want to share. After we are done planning, we pray so that we can end the day. After the prayer we take off the battle suit and head into the pjs. We talk a little, brush our teeth, and if we are super dirty take another shower. I usually take 2 showers. We say a prayer together and then we pray personally. We then hop into bed. I then fall asleep.  
THE NEXT DAY….
I wake up 6:30 and I throw off my blanket. I then head over to the alarm and turn it off. I pray by myself and then we pray together. I tend to jump up and down at little bit just so that I can shake off that feeling of tiredness…………………………………………………………………………………………………
The mission when you explain it like this… sounds really boring. The exciting part of the mission is the times that you get with the people. All of the relationships and the friendships that we can make is how we stay happy here on the mission. I love being here… I love talking to the people and helping them understand the importance of the gospel.  This really makes me happy. Thank you mom for helping me to understand really why I should be happy, I could be thinking of all of the things that I miss here on the mission. But I don’t, any reason that I could come up with would have more valor then the people that I have helped. I really owe a lot to you, mom and dad, for teaching me right. And I can see now that I lot of things that we did in our house when I was growing up, has really helped me to be a better missionary. The best teacher of the Lords true gospel, follows the counsel of this loving parents.
Elder Harris
If there is one thing that I am really craving - it is Tabasco Sauce. If you could send me a lot of that I would be really happy and I don’t know what to do but pretty soon I am going to have to buy new shoes.
Love ya 


No comments:

Post a Comment