Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Leaving Iquitos


Hello!

I have been taking a ton of pictures lately, of all kinds of stuff, here in Iquitos.  I am going through a small crisis because this computer virus that is floating around here is contaminating everything, everywhere.

I have, however, really big news.

I am going to be leaving Iquitos.

I don’t know where just yet but I know that I will be going this next week on Tuesday. I will be sure to take a lot of pictures of all of the houses of all of the people that I have ever talked to. Don’t worry I have already begun taking lots and lots of pictures.

Apart from that note above, I am pretty happy.  I will be leaving a great family behind. I feel sad because I know that I won’t be there but happy because that they are going to get baptized. I will have my companion send me pictures of the baptism so that I can see them.

I sent Aubrei a letter in Spanish, I asked permission. I think, she will think, it is funny because she will have to translate it with John.

About my experience here in Iquitos:

I have seen many very interesting things here in Iquitos.  From people that just don’t want to change to  people that accept the gospel before we even start speaking. I have talked with Catholics, Evangelists, Protestants, Jews, Buddhists, Jehovah Witnesses, Alpha and Omegas, MMMs, Advents of the 7th day  and Atheists… and I still know that the church is true, and it only get better. I have walked soaking wet in rain and soaking wet in the blistering heat (sweat)… with my companion or with a member of the church. I have seen good missionaries and bad missionaries; I have seen the blessings of the Lord in my life and in the life of those that I teach. I have seen insects that I thought existed in the Pre historic times, walked on planks between broken houses like pirates do. I have drunk more soda than in any another time in my life and I just keep getting skinner because of the heat. Here in Iquitos I learned another language, and I learned how to teach. I have taught families how to return to their Father in Heaven, and I have scolded Pastors from other religions.  I have never felt so strange, and so good at the same time. I am really going to miss these humble people.

My plan is one day return with my own family. I have made many promises to many people that someday I will come back to show off my wife and kids. I will have to make good on my promise.

As I have come to understand more of Gods plan, I have gained a sure security that I will one day see this people again. I hope with all of my heart and soul that one day with my family I return to the presence of my Father and I can find the families and the people that I baptized with him. How great would be my joy if I saw the very same people that I taught as faithful followers of Christ even to the every end of our mortal days.
I have thought many times about our family and what we can do so that one day we can all make it back to the Glory of God… and I have come to the conclusion that we just need to stay dedicated to doing the right. As we live our everyday lives if we continually thank the Lord in prayer, read his holy scriptures, go to church and partake of the sacrament one day the Lord will give to us all of the things that we have ever wanted and more. I cannot wait to come home to give every last one of you a big hug and a loving smile. My plan is to lead by example for the rest of my life. I know that no unclean thing can enter in the kingdom of God so I must be diligent in keeping myself continually worthy to enter in the Lord´s temple.

I think that is why I want to go to the temple so badly. I know that the family is worthy of the Lord’s many blessings if we can all continually make it to the temple. Service is a key principle in the Lord’s work.  We need to help out grandpa Murphy a ton to get all of the family history updated. There is much more responsibilities then just worldly jobs. I hope that when I come back I don’t get caught up in that down ward stream. The Lord should always be first in our lives; we must stand as witnesses of God taking up upon ourselves his name, remembering him always, and following his commandments.

I know that the church is true. There is no uncertainty, there is no doubt.

Elder Harris

I haven’t gotten the package yet… no worries it will come. I don’t know who my companion is yet but I will send a picture. I will take a ton of pictures of Iquitos no worries.




No comments:

Post a Comment