Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mom’s million questions



HOLA!!!! FAMILIA!!!!

Happy BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! I LOVE YOU, I MISS YOU, AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A TON OF FUN WITH THAT CRAZY NEW I PHONE.

FIRST OFF, well, hold up!!..on the sassy sauce, on that photo of Saydi… I think if she was any more man killer in that photo one of the Jonas Brothers is going to start asking her out on dates. 


YES, the million answers to Mom’s million questions:

How do you get around your area since it is so big? We do a ton of walking… but we also use a lot of bus. I think that we are going to ask for bikes here soon but I don’t know yet.

Do you knock on doors or do you clap your hands like in other South American countries? Well a lot of places have doors here but a lot don’t. I have developed some new talents here in Peru. One talent is I can now whistle in various forms. The people here whistle for everything and there are many different ways to whistle and different times to use a specific whistle. I will have to teach you all when I get home. Not a lot of clapping here just a lot more whistling.

How big is your area exactly? My area I would guess to be around 10 miles long with 500,000 to 600,000 people.

Are you presently teaching anyone? We are teaching some great people right now and I think that this next week we are going to have 4 baptisms.

How is your ward? The new ward that I am in is the stake building, so it is really big. There is a lot of people attending so I am pretty happy… I just hope that they start helping us out a little bit more.

Do you teach classes on Sundays? Well we teach classes sometimes in church but they are little bit more organized here and the missionaries do a lot less on Sundays.

We noticed you have been wearing your glasses in pictures a lot.. Why? I have been using my glasses because there is a lot of dust in the air and my eyes get really tired during the day. Also I like my glasses a lot which is unusual. But… Elder Harris is not the same yesterday, today, and forever, so I have changed.

Do you have someone who does your laundry or do you do your own? We have a lady that does our laundry. She is really nice and gets it all done on time.

How is your new pensionista? Does she cook anything special? My pensionista is nothing unusual. She cooks the same things that I have been eating my entire mission, which I know I don’t have to say, Chicken, Rice and Potatoes. I am so excited that you are sending me Tabasco sauce and Taco bell sauce; however, I am a little worried that my mouth cannot take that much fiery explosion, just kidding!

I don’t know, I just don’t have that much to say this week, sorry for the short letter.

LOVE YA CHAU,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment