Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Guerra familia is Going to get Baptized


Well the world goes on… but that’s ok.

Brooke is going to get married. I find it extremely exciting, and I am very, very happy for her. I know that she will be very happy and that she will have the opportunity to grow even more in the gospel by going to the temple.
Well, we are super excited because this week we are going to have another family enter the waters of baptism. I am super happy to report that the Guerra familia is going to get baptized this Saturday. What a blast! I have loved teaching them from day one and this week I am going to take a ton of pictures of the baptism.
I am sorry, I haven’t been taking very many pictures. I am super bad at taking pictures. I need to make a special effort to take more pictures.
I have been wondering a lot about what I can do to be a better person and a better missionary. I was thinking a lot about the Sunday school class that I taught back in the day, and I realized that I could have taught that class what it really means to be a member of the church. I would love to be a Sunday school teaching in the future just because to be blunt about it, I really like to teach. I am overly excited to come home and share with the family and in any other opportunity I may have about the gospel. I think that true intelligence is found when we apply our knowledge. The gospel of Christ gives the people of this earth peace and comfort. This concept pertains to our ability to apply what we learn to our daily lives. How can we expect the Lord to bless our week if we don’t keep the Sabbath day? How do we financially survive if we don’t want to pay tithing? The Lord blesses those that keep the commandments with the real intention of applying faith. I can very well go to church every Sunday but that doesn’t mean that I will be blessed. The Lord teaches us in every commandment that there are blessings both spiritual and temporal. (Mosiah 2:41) Therein lies our motivation to complete the Lords will. The Lord knows that if we cannot see the reward we will not seek to achieve our trophy. I have been finding a lot of people these last few days that have fallen away from the church and the real reason for the inactivity is the pride the stays in their hearts.  They took of the fruit of the tree, but were later embarrassed or offended by the people in the spacious building. Amazing to me is the power the Satan has to make us forget the promises that we have made. He wants us to wade in the slime of pride; in that sticky gloom so that we can never be happy. How do we change the reality that we face? I spent a lot of time studying what it really means to be humble, the topic is extensive, and I felt extremely prideful after learning so much about what it means to be humble. Someone that is humble seeks to serve in every moment, someone that is humble never complains about their problems. Someone that is humble never says mean jokes or puts down other people.  Someone that is humble accepts the authority of their leaders, someone that is humble knows how and when to follow. Someone that is humble loves unconditionally, without price or fee. Someone that is humble never lets others bring them down but in turn brings other people up. Someone that is humble puts all of their trust in the Lord summiting his or her will to the WILL OF GOD.
I found out that I have a long way to go before I can be more like my savior. That that does not mean that I cannot give it my ALL, to try to be like Him. TINY EXPLOSIONS!
Elder Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment