Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Destroyed My Card


Well.. what a poopy day,
I just wrote about half of my letter and the computer lost power for a minute and I lost everything that I wrote to you guys. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well recap. I did receive the package that you sent me.  I really liked everything that was inside of it, specially the socks.  I loved the socks a lot and the beef jerky.
Now something that I wanted to share with you guys that I just wrote about and now I am writing about again is that I have just a little tiny favor to ask of you. I know that at this time of the year there are lots of little delicious Easter jelly beans. PLEASE SEND ME A TON OF THE EASTER SWEET TART JELLY BEANS.  I am in love with them ever since this last year when you sent them to me. I have been patiently waiting all of this time so that Easter would come around again.  I have been looking forward to having this moment to ask you….. I really do understand however that when you send packages they are a big sacrifice and I want to thank all of you at home for always sending me a package that brightens up my day, week, and month. I really am super happy that you spend the time to send me packages and that you never forget to write me. I think that I would feel a little bit lonely if I never received a single thing from you guys.
Now I need to admit something. I am sure that you have noticed that I have spent way too much of my personal money here on the mission. Now about three months ago I decided that the temptation was just too much and then I destroyed my card. One of the biggest lessons that I have yet to learn here on my mission is the lesson of finances. I have always been a spender and not a saver, and I need to learn this lesson. Just so that you know I have experienced hunger in these last few days because I have yet to learn this lesson. Now my plan of action is this: I know that if I can figure out how to spend my money wisely now I will be a much happier man in the future, so in other wards… I am learned my lesson the hard way.
Well about the mission today. Today is going to be a really big day in the life of Elder Harris. I am going to go back to Quista Cocha to eat Suri today. Ever since our phone call and I heard you all making fun of me,  playfully,  for not being able to eat the worm,  I have decided that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I must eat the nasty worm again to prove my manliness. Very shortly, I will send you another CD with my latest videos and pictures and I will be sending it this next week so I hope that you can enjoy seeing me eat the foul beast again.
Well, I really had a great time reading about some of the experiences that dad had on his mission it really makes me think about the success that I have had and that he had and how the Lord prepares the people for the places that they are called to serve. To be honest I think that I have wasted a lot of time  and that gets me scared.  I realize that I need to kick my butt into gear… I daily think about what I should be doing in this very moment to help other people receive the gospel. I try to think less about the past and more about the present so that I am not wasting my time here or the Lord’s time. I am very interested in knowing more about the experiences that dad had on his mission and to learn more about you and dad when you were younger, because it gets me all pumped up.
This week I am going to go back to Lima on Tuesday for another zone conference. It will be the 13th and the 14th time that I have been in a plane. I can remember always saying and thinking “WHY HAVENT I BEEN ON A PLANE?.. ALL OF MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN ON PLANES.. WHATS WRONG WITH ME.” Well, planes are really boring and uncomfortable… it’s about the same as sitting in the car for an extended period of time, just that you go a lot faster and travel more distance. I remember dad saying when I went to Vegas that going on the plane would be a good way to prepare me for the mission. HE WAS RIGHT!
I hope that the girls are all really happy right now and that they don’t have anything bad happen or anything like that. I just want to invite them to read the scriptures daily for at least 5 minutes on the IPod. I promise that if they do that they will be prepared to go to the temple with me after the mission to do baptisms for the dead. I am super excited to go and do that with them.
Tell Aubrei that she needs to read the talk about having children from this last general conference from ELDER ANDERSON.  I WANT TO BE AN UNCLE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey I will be sending pictures next week.  I left my memory in the HOUSE. I really, really,  really feel bad.
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment